Vacheron Constantin has been in the timekeeping industry for over 250 years and was created by Jean-Marc Vacheron in 1755. VC has been credited with creating the first complicated watch and also engine turned dials and bezels. In the early 1800’s they began to export into France and Italy (Napoleon wore a Vacheron Constantin) and then began to market into North America via New York City. The first boutique in Geneva Switzerland was opened by Vacheron Constantin in 1906. The store is now located on Quai de l'Ile. The factory makes high quality men’s and ladies wristwatches in a variety of materials: 18K rose, yellow and white gold, titanium, platinum diamonds and the most popular watches include Overseas, Chronograph, Tourbillon, 1972, Harmony Chronograph Limited Edition, Dual Time, Historiques American, Malte Power-Reserve, Patrimony Ultra-Thin Calibre, and Traditionnelle Perpetual Calendar.